Tonight’s CLP (Constituency Labour Party) meeting was hosting a visit by Graeme Pearson MSP.
Graeme has been conducting a review of Police Scotland for the Labour Party. There were lots of questions for Graeme, and good insights around some of the challenges that local members see with the current set up of Police Scotland.
Here are the headline Review recommendations:
- Improve Parliamentary oversight
- Build a link between local committees and the SPA
- Ensure a properly balanced force
- Enable better local oversight
- Share best practice and concerns
- A more robust SPA
- Urgently review IT infrastructure
- Clear complaint handling
- Learn from the past: a full business case is crucial
You can read more about Graeme’s report by clicking here: http://www.graemepearsonmsp.com